Insurance Department Office Hours:
8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. Closed on State Holidays.
Insurance Department Directory
Main: (801) 538-3800
In-State Toll-Free: (800) 439-3805
Consumer Service – Health: (801) 538-3077
Consumer Service – Life: (801) 538-3066
Consumer Service – P&C: (801) 538-3035
General Fax: (801) 538-3829
Producer Licensing: (801) 538-3855
Producer Licensing Fax: (801) 538-3830
Insurance Fraud: (844) 373-0233
Online 24 x 7
Mailing & Delivery Address:
Utah Insurance Department
State Office Building Ste 3110 / Capitol Hill Complex
350 N State St
Salt Lake City UT 84114-6901
Directions to our Office & Where to Park
The Utah Insurance Department is located on the third floor of the State Office Building (northern most building) behind the State Capitol Building in Salt Lake City. To get to our office:
- Drive to 300 North State Street. The Capitol will be directly in front of you.
- Turn right, then left so that you drive along the east side of the Capitol Complex.
- Turn left into the driveway with the Public Parking sign. Parking is free.
- Enter the main double doors of the granite building that faces the parking lot. (The Senate Building)
- Go straight through the lunchroom to the doors leading onto the plaza between the four buildings.
- The building to your right, or to the north, is the State Office Building – your destination.
- Go through the 2nd-floor entrance and straight ahead to the elevators. Go to the main office on the 3rd floor, Room 3110.
- Office of the Commissioner
- Administration Division
- Bail Bond Surety Oversight Board Staff
- Captive Insurance Division
- Examination & Solvency Division
- Fraud Division
- Health & Life Division
- Producer Licensing Division
- Professional Employer Organizations (PEO)
- Property & Casualty Division
- Title & Escrow Commission Staff