Renewal Instructions - Foreign & Alien Insurers
(Except Motor Clubs and Life Settlement Providers)
Currently recognized foreign and alien insurers (except motor clubs) and Life Settlement Providers must follow the instructions below to remain licensed by the Utah Insurance Department.
- The fees are not retaliatory. Renewal fees must be paid - electronically - no later than the mid-February date shown on the invoice.
- For a detailed explanation of each fee on your invoice, please see Utah Rule R590-102.
- You are expected to complete your renewal electronically through the department's secure payment portal. Before you begin the electronic renewal by clicking the button below, you should have a copy of the current year's invoice. From the invoice you will need the invoice number that is located in the upper right corner and the Payor ID number that is located on the upper right side of the invoice.
- After you have entered these two numbers, click on the submit button. At this time an address change form will appear. You will be asked to verify and make any changes to the addresses that the Utah Insurance Department has on file for the company. Once you have made the changes, click on the submit button. This will automatically update any changes to the addresses in our database.
- At this point continue to follow the prompts to complete the renewal process.
- You must pay your renewal fees electronically through the department's secure payment portal using either a credit card or an electronic check. You will need to have the necessary numbers and authorization before beginning the renewal process. If using:
- a credit card you will need the credit card number, name as printed on the credit card, statement billing address and expiration date; or
- an electronic check you will need your checking account routing number and account number found at the bottom of the company check. Your bank may need the originating ID number 0000097488 to complete an e-check transaction.
- Foreign insurers should not file an annual statement, actuarial opinion, RBC, SVO, Managements Discussion & Analysis, certification letters, quarterlies or annual audited financial reports with the Utah Insurance Department if these documents are filed with the NAIC. The department's analysts will obtain this information from the NAIC's website.
- Checklist - State Filing Instructions (NAIC)
If you have any questions, please contact:
Dava Berlinger-Butler at (801)538-3812.
Utah Accident & Health Survey
- The Utah Accident & Health Survey is a state specific annual filing. The survey provides more detailed information on accident and health business in Utah than is currently available from the NAIC Annual Statement. All Fraternal, Health, Life and Property & Casualty insurers who have accident & health business in Utah are required to file this survey. For more information on how to file this survey go to Utah A & H Survey Instructions.
- The survey can be saved as an Excel file, filled out and sent as an e-mail to email@example.com. For questions regarding this requirement contact Marilyn Thorstensen at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Renewal invoices are e-mailed annually in mid-January.
(Make sure your email address with the Department is current)