Renewal Instructions - Health Discount Program
Currently licensed health discount programs must follow the instructions below to remain licensed with the Utah Insurance Department.
- Renewal fees must be paid electronically.
- For a detailed explanation of each fee on your invoice, please see Utah Rule R590-102.
- Renewal application information will be made available after October. The renewal application is due by December 31.
- Health discount programs must file a renewal form annually. Click the following link for the necessary forms:
- Health Discount Program Application Renewal Forms
- DO NOT submit confidential or personal information to the Department by email. Please use our secure website at forms.uid.utah.gov/insurance/fileUploads. Select "Health Discount Program" from the dropdown menu and include the applicable Insurance Department file number in the file name when uploading. Please include all information in a single PDF document.
- For questions regarding the prior year's renewal please send an email to email@example.com.
- You are expected to complete your renewal electronically through the department's secure payment portal. Before you begin the electronic renewal by clicking the button below, you should have a copy of the current year's invoice. From the invoice you will need the invoice number that is located in the upper right corner and the Payor ID number that is located on the upper right side of invoice.
- After you have entered these two numbers, click on the submit button. At this time an address change form will appear. You will be asked to verify and make any changes to the addresses that the Utah Insurance Department has on file for the company. Once you have made the changes, click on the submit button. This will automatically update any changes to the addresses in our database.
- At this point continue to follow the prompts to complete the renewal process.
- You must pay your renewal fees electronically through the department's secure payment portal using either a credit card or an electronic check. You will need to have the necessary numbers and authorization before beginning the renewal process. If using:
- a credit card you will need the credit card number, name as printed on the credit card, statement billing address and expiration date; or
- an electronic check you will need your Bank's name, and the checking account routing number and account number found at the bottom of the company check. Your bank may need the originating ID number 0000097488 before you initiate an e-check transaction.