- Auto Accident Vehicle (Property) Damage & Small Claims Court Action
- What to do if you have Windstorm damage
- Filing an Auto Claim with the Other Party's Insurance Company
- If you are in an automobile accident
Claims Related Laws and Rules - Property and Casualty
This information applies to claims occurring in Utah and involving Utah residents.
The insurance laws listed are not meant to be inclusive of all claims related property & casualty insurance statutes.
- 31A-19a-212 Premium increases prohibited for certain claims or inquiries.
- 31A-21-104 Insurable interest and consent ?“ Scope
- 31A-21-202 Explicit approval required
- 31A-21-307 Other insurance
- 31A-21-308 Limitations on loss to be borne by insurer
- 31A-21-312 Notice and Proof of Loss
- 31A-21-313 Limitation of actions
- 31A-21-314 Prohibited provisions
- 31A-22-319 Prohibition on insurer requiring certain parts - Disclosure (After market crash parts). Other related statutes include:
- 31A-22-321 Use of arbitration in third party motor vehicle accident cases
- 31A-26-103 Workers' Compensation claims
- 31A-26-301 Timely payment of claims
- 31A-26-303 Unfair claim settlement practices
- 31A-26-305 Request for accepted check
- 31A-26-307 Claim reports to commissioner
- 31A-26-308 Settlement of liability insurance claim not admission of liability
For a complete list of the Insurance laws in Utah
- R590-190 Unfair Property, Liability and Title Claims Settlement Practices. This includes auto, homeowner and business policies.
Find other state Insurance Information here.
Disclaimer - Links to Other Web Sites -
As a convenience to our users, the Utah State Insurance Department offers links to certain web sites created and maintained by other public and/or private entities. The department has no control over linked sites and cannot guarantee, or be held responsible for materials found on any non-departmental site. A link to another web site is NOT a Department endorsement of that site.