Claims Related Laws and Rules – Property and Casualty
This information applies to claims occurring in Utah and involving Utah residents.
The insurance laws listed are not meant to be inclusive of all claims related property & casualty insurance statutes.
- 31A-19a-212 Premium increases prohibited for certain claims or inquiries
- 31A-21-104 Insurable interest and consent – Scope
- 31A-21-202 Explicit approval required
- 31A-21-307 Other insurance
- 31A-21-308 Limitations on loss to be borne by insurer
- 31A-21-312 Notice and proof of loss
- 31A-21-313 Limitation of actions
- 31A-21-314 Prohibited provisions
- 31A-26-103 Workers’ compensation claims
- 31A-26-301 Timely payment of claims
- 31A-26-303 Unfair claim settlement practices
- 31A-26-305 Request for accepted check
- 31A-26-307 Claim reports to commissioner
- 31A-26-308 Settlement of liability insurance claim not admission of liability
A complete list of Utah’s insurance laws can be found on our Current Rules page.
R590-190 Unfair Property, Liability and Title Claims Settlement Practices. This includes auto, homeowner and business policies.
Find insurance information for other states by visiting the NAIC’s State Map.
Disclaimer – Links to Other Websites
As a convenience to our users, the Utah State Insurance Department offers links to certain websites created and maintained by other public and/or private entities. The department has no control over linked sites and cannot guarantee, or be held responsible for materials found on any non-departmental site. A link to another website is NOT a Department endorsement of that site.