The following bills were filed during the 2023 General Legislative Session. Each bill number links to the most recent version of the bill. The bills that pass will take effect May 3, 2023, unless specified otherwise within the bill. Bills not passed are
The following may not be an all-inclusive list of insurance-related bills passed during the 2023 Legislature.
For more information about the Legislature and the legislative process, visit the Utah State Legislature Web Site.
- HB 14: Insurance Commissioner Authority Sunset Amendments
- HB 24: Prescription Discount Program Amendments
- HB 70: Continuing Care Retirement Facilities Amendments
- HB 78: Behavioral Health Treatment Access Amendments
- HB 113: Motor Vehicle Insurance Revisions
- HB 245: Uninsured Motorist Amendments
HB 342: Behavioral Health Services Access Amendments
- HB 388: Statutes of Limitation Amendments
- HB 410: Insurance Amendments (Dept’s Bill) — Summary
- This chart summarizes the Insurance Department’s proposed amendments to the Insurance Code for the 2023 legislative session. The proposals reflect only the views of the Department. They do not represent the views of the legislature or of Representative Jim Dunnigan, the sponsor of a bill that may include some or all of the proposals. The chart is current as of 11/30/2022.
- HB 506: Government Entity Compliance Amendments
HB 534: Telemedicine Amendments HB 563: Insurance Damages Amendments
- SB 19: Medicaid Dental Waiver Amendments
SB 131: Motor Vehicle Insurance Amendments SB 184: Prescription Cost Amendments
- SB 193: Pharmaceutical Amendments
SB 215: Insurance Adjuster Claim Amendments
- SB 216: Vehicle Value Protection Agreements
- SB 233: Portable Benefit Plan