Insurance rules are issued to implement or interpret the Utah Insurance Code or federal mandates and has the effect of law. This list may not contain all the rules relevant to Property and Casualty.
- R590-190 Unfair Property, Liability and Title Claims Settlement Practices. (This includes auto, homeowner and business policies.)
- R590-191 Unfair Life Insurance Claims Settlement Practices.
- R590-192 Unfair Accident & Health & Income Replacement Claims Settlement Practices Rule
This list is for your convenience only and should not be considered comprehensive.
- 31A-21-104 Insurable interest and consent — Scope
- 31A-21-202 Explicit approval required
- 31A-21-307 Other insurance
- 31A-21-308 Limitations on loss to be borne by insurer
- 31A-21-312 Notice and Proof of Loss
- 31A-21-313 Limitation of actions
- 31A-21-314 Prohibited provisions
- 31A-22-319 Prohibition on insurer requiring certain parts – Disclosure (Aftermarket crash parts). Other related statutes include:
- 31A-22-321 Use of arbitration in third party motor vehicle accident cases
- 31A-26-103 Workers’ compensation claims
- 31A-26-301 Timely payment of claims
- 31A-26-301.6 Health care claims practices
- 31A-26-303 Unfair claim settlement practices
- 31A-26-305 Request for accepted check
- 31A-26-307 Claim reports to commissioner
- 31A-26-308 Settlement of liability insurance claim not admission of liability