HIPUtah Laws, Rules & Bulletins
The Utah Comprehensive Health Insurance Pool Act was enacted by Chapter 232, 1990 General Session. The provisions of this act can be found in the Utah Code 31A -29.
Utah Code -- Title 31A, Chapter 29 -- Comprehensive Health Insurance Pool Act
Insurance rules are issued to implement or interpret the Utah Insurance Code or federal mandates and has the effect of law. The following list may be incomplete. It includes rules related to HIP Utah. For a complete list of rules go to the Rule Index.
- R590-172 Notice to Uninsurable Applicants for Health Insurance
- R590-176 Health Benefit Plan Enrollment
- R590-167 Individual, Small Employer, and Group Health Benefit Plan Rule
- R590-199 Plan of Orderly Withdrawal Rule Relating to Health Benefit Plans
- R590-236 HIPAA Eligibility Following Receipt of a Certificate of Insurability or Denial by an Individual Carrier
- R590-259 Dependent Coverage to Age 26.
The following bulletins are used by HIPUtah. This may not contain all bulletins relevant to HIPUtah. For a complete list of bulletins go to the bulletin index. Bulletins are informational and provide guidance as to how the Department will enforce the insurance code.