Bulletins are informational and provide guidance as to how the department will enforce the insurance code.
— 2015 —
- 2015-1: Filing Procedures For Compliance With The Provisions of The Terrorism Risk Insurance Program Reauthorization Act of 2015
- 2015-2: 2016 Plan Year Requirements for Health Benefit Plans and Stand-Alone Dental Plan Filings Subject to PPACA
- 2015-3: Submitting Quarterly Changes for Small Employer 2014 PPACA Compliant Health Benefit Plans and Stand-Alone Dental Plans
- 2015-4: Small Employer Composite Rating — 2014 PPACA Compliant Health Benefit Plans
- 2015-5: PPACA Transitional and Early Renewal of Small and Large Employer Groups
- 2015-6: Requirements for Hospital Indemnity and Other Fixed Indemnity Policies Sold in the Individual Market
- 2015-7: Filing Notice of Trial de Novo Required by UCA 31A-22-321
- 2015-8: Inducement/Anti-Rebating Statute Updates (UCA 31A-23a-402.5)
- 2015-9: Employer Definitions Effective January 1, 2016
- 2015-10: R592-6 Unfair Inducements and Marketing Practices in Obtaining Title Insurance Business
- New 2015-11: Requirements for Tobacco Cessation
— 2014 —
- 2014-1: Prohibited Bail Bond Solicitations.
- 2014-2(a): Submitting Quarterly Changes for Small Employer Non-Grandfathered Health Benefit Plans and Stand-Alone Dental Plans. --SUPERCEDED BY 2015-3--
- 2014-3(a): Health Benefit Plan and Stand-Alone Dental Plan Filings for 2015 Plan Year.
- 2014-4: Rebating Commission Compensation and Fair Market Value.
- 2014-5: Surplus Lines Insurance Amendments Bill, 2014 Legislative Session (HB129).
- 2014-6: Required Retention of Title and Escrow Records Pursuant to 31A-20-110 and 31A-23a-412.
- 2014-7: Suitability Standards.
— 2013 —
- 2013-1: New Actuarial Filing for Life and Fraternal Insurers.
- 2013-2: New Actuarial Filing for Property & Casualty Insurers & Related Confidentiality Provisions
- 2013-3: Individual and Dealership Requirement of Limited Line Licenses for Optional Vehicle Related Insurance Products.
- 2013-4(a): Health Benefit Plan Market Transition.
- Small Employer Transition should refer to 2015-5
- 2013-5: Inducements in Connection with the Quote, Sale, Continuation, or Termination of an Insurance Contract
- 2013-6: Escrow Rates and Fees.
- 2013-7: Coverage for Participation in Approved Clinical Trials.
- 2013-8: U.C.A. 31A-22-307(1)(c) - Personal Injury Protection Coverage Funeral Burial or Cremation Benefits.
- 2013-9: Guidance for Filing Regulatory Asset Adequacy Issues Summaries.
— 2012 —
- 2012-1: Closing Instructions Requiring a Title Insurance Producer to "Certify" Matters Beyond the Authority of the Title Insurance Producer.
- 2012-2: Revisions to Filing Requirements for Entities Issuing Bail Bonds.
- 2012-3: Requirements for Agency and Consultant Licenses
- 2012-4: Filing Changes on Multi-State Risk Policies for Surplus Lines Clearinghouse
- 2012-5: ACA Required Summary of Benefits and Coverage (SBS) and Uniform Glossary
- 2012-6: Immigration Bonds
- 2012-7: Issuance of Certificates of Insurance
— 2011 —
- 2011-1: Premium Finance Agreement Default
- 2011-2: Allowable Surrender Charge Schedules for Individual Deferred Annuities
- 2011-3: Producers Authorized to Sell on the Health Insurance Exchange
- 2011-4: NonAdmitted Insurance Reform
- 2011-5: Prohibited Bail Bond Solicitations
- 2011-6: Inducements in Connection with the Sale, Continuation, or Termination of an Ins. Contract
- 2011-7: Notice Regarding Medical Loss Ratio Reporting and Calculation of Rebates for Small Employer Health Benefit Plans
— 2010 —
- 2010-2: RESPA Reform and Good Faith Estimate
- 2010-3: Requirement for Limited Line Producer License
- 2010-5: Short Sale Transaction.
- 2010-6: Compliance with and Enforcement of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act.
- 2010-7: Rebates and/or Inducements in Connection with the Sale, Continuation or Termination of Insurance.
- 2010-8: Closing Instructions Requiring a Title Producer to "Certify" That, When Recorded, Deed of Trust will Constitute a Valid First Lien Against the Property.
- 2010-9: External Reviews and the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act.
- 2010-10: Title Industry Self Promotional Novelty Items
— 2009 —
- 2009-1: Creditable Coverage
- 2009-2: Application of Standard Non-Forfeiture Law for Life Insurance to Return of Premium Benefits.
- 2009-3: Escrow Funds Deposited for Lot Reservations
- 2009-4: Applicable Fees and Taxes Associated with Automobile Total Loss Settlement Offers.
- 2009-5: Guidance Regarding Use of the NAIC/NIPR Attachments Warehouse for the Electronic Filing
of Insurance Producer Licensing Documents.
- 2009-6: Insurers Sweeping Fees from an Agency Trust Account
— 2008 —
- 2008-1: Filing Procedures For Compliance With The Provisions of The Terrorism Risk Insurance Extension Act of 2007 (Dated 01-09-08) --SUPERCEDED BY 2015-1--
- 2008-2: Required Reporting of Disciplinary Actions Pursuant to the Military Personnel Financial Services Protection Act, Pub. L. No. 109-290 (2006) (Dated 02-26-08)
- 2008-3: Statistical Reports Required of Insurers Using the 2001 CSO Preferred Class Structure Table (Dated 03-05-08)
- 2008-4: Title Insurance Recovery, Education, and Research Fund Act Initial Capitalization Assessment (Dated 04-28-2008)
- 2008-5a: Changes to Motor Vehicle Liability Policy Minimum Limits.
- 2008-6: Custodial or Safekeeping Agreements for all Utah Domestic Insurers must be in compliance with Utah Administrative Code (U.A.C.) Rule R590-178 (Dated 05-14-08)
- 2008-7: New Medicare Rules.
— 2007 —
- 2007-1: Prohibited Escrow Settlement Closing Transactions
- 2007-2: Procedure for Non-Compliant Rate and Form Filings
- 2007-3: Requirement to File Electronically
- 2007-4: Title Insurance Product or Service Approval for a Dual Licensed Title Licensee
- 2007-5: Prohibited Split Escrows
— 2006 —
- 2006-1: Avian Flu Pandemic
- 2006-2: Health Insurance Portability Provisions
- 2006-3: Insurable Interest and Life Insurance
- 2006-4: Flood Insurance Training Requirements For Insurance Producers With A Property Line Of Authority Selling Through The National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP)
- 2006-5: Allowable Surrender Charge Schedules for Individual Deferred Annuities --SUPERCEDED BY 2011-2--
— 2005 —
- 2005-1: Licensing and Regulatory Requirements for Prescription Drug Plans (PDPs)
— 2004 —
- 2004-1: Failure to Pay Bail Bond Forfeiture Judgment.
- 2004-2: Multi-Insurer Applications, Accident & Health, Life and Annuity
- 2004-3: Annuity Application Forms
- 2003-1: Electronic Submission and Processing of Initial Non-resident Producer Licenses, Initial and Terminated Insurance Company Producer Appointments, Insurer Verification of Producer Licensing and Appointment, and Lists of Current and/or Terminated Appointments.
- 2003-2: Voluntary Expedited Filing Procedures For Compliance With The Provisions Of The Terrorism Risk Insurance Act of 2002.
- 2002-2: Credit Accident and Health Insurance Prima Facie Rates for Open-End Loans
- 2002-4: USA Patriot Act of 2001
- 2002-5: Long Term Care Insurance
- 2002-6: Standard Nonforfeiture Law for Individual Deferred Annuities
- Attachment: Survey and Certification of Annuity Form
- 2002-7: Discretionary Clauses Prohibited
- 2000-1: Catastrophic Mental Health Insurance Coverage
- 2000-2: Written Consent for a Prohibited person to Engage in the Business of Insurance Under Title 18, United States Code, Sections 1033 & 1034. (to Domestic Insurers)
- 2000-3: Written Consent for a Prohibited person to Engage in the Business of Insurance Under Title 18, United States Code, Sections 1033 & 1034. (to agencies and brokers)
— 1999 —
- 99-1: Personal Injury Protection Relative Value Study Book
- 99-2: WITHDRAWN 3-24-04, Replaced by R590-220 Procedures for the Submission of Disability and Health Form & Rate Filings
- 99-3: WITHDRAWN 3-24-04, Replaced by R590-225 Procedures for the Submission of Property & Casualty Rate, Rule & Form Filings
- 99-4: WITHDRAWN 3-24-04, Replaced by R590-225 Procedures for the Submission of Workers' Compensation Rate Filings
- 99-5: WITHDRAWN 3-24-04, Replaced by R590-225 Procedures for the Submission of Title Insurance Rate, Rule and Form Filings
- 99-6: WITHDRAWN 7-19-06, Replaced by R592- 3 and 4 Procedures for Filing Escrow, Settlement, and Closing Charges
- 99-8: Waiver of Subrogation Workers' Compensation Insurance
— 1997 —
- 97-1: Small Employer Maternity Coverage Requirements
- 97-2: Waiver of Preexisting Conditions or Limitation Periods Based on Continuous Coverage
- 97-3: Marketing of Individual and Small Employer Health Ins.
— 1996 —
- 96-7: Frequent Problems Found In Filings - Property and Casualty Lines
- 96-10: Life Illustrations - Initial Forms Identification & Certifications of Compliance
— 1995 —
- 95-4: Provider Compensation and Reimbursement Arrangements
- 95-2: Implementation of Department Rule R590-171, Surplus Lines Procedures Rule
— 1994 —
- 94-8: P.L. 103-432 — The Social Security Act Amendments of 1994 (Medicare Supplemental Technical Corrections)
- 94-4: Waiver of PIP Loss of Gross Income Benefits
- 94-2: Procedures for Insured's Inquiries Regarding Workers' Compensation Rates
- 94-1: Incorporation by Reference
— 1992 —
- 92-7: Workers' Compensation Deductible, Reimbursement, Retention and Similar Plans
- 92-1: Apparent Practices that Violate the Open Enrollment Law
— 1991 —
- 91-2: Excess and Surplus Lines Insurer Annual Statements
— 1990 —
- 90-4: Universal Life and Interest Sensitive Life Policy Forms
- 90-3: Temporomandibular Joint Dysfunction
- 90-1: Requirements Pertaining to Orderly Withdrawal from the Utah Title Insurance Marketplace
— 1989 —
- 89-3: Loss of Income Benefit Under Personal Injury Protection Coverage, Section 31A-22-307(1)(b)(i), U.C.A.
— 1987 —
— 1986 —
- 86-5: "Claims Made" Liability Policy Disclosure Requirements