Insurance rules are issued to implement or interpret the Utah Insurance Code or federal mandates and has the effect of law.
- R590-067 Proxy Solicitations and Consent and Authorization of Stockholders of
Domestic Stock Insurers
- R590-068 Insider Trading of Equity Securities of Domestic Stock Insurance Companies
- R590-070 Insurance Holding Companies.
- R590-076 Health Maintenance Organizations.
- R590-078 REPEALED 5-17-02. NOT replaced - Exchange-Traded Options.
- R590-079 Life Insurance Solicitation Rule.
- R590-083 Unfair Discrimination on the Basis of Sex or Marital Status
- R590-085 Individual Disability Insurance Forms and Individual and Group Medicare
- R590-086 - REPEALED EFFECTIVE 4-23-04, Replaced by R590-220, 226, 227
& 228 Filing of Life and Disability Forms and Rates
- R590-088 Prohibited Transactions Between Agents And Unauthorized Multiple
- R590-089 - REPEALED 8-27-99, Replaced by R590-190, R590-191, R590-192
Unfair Claims Settlement Practices Rule
- R590-091 Credit Life and Disability Insurance
- R590-093 Replacement of Life Insurance and Annuities
- R590-094 Rule Permitting Smoker/Nonsmoker Mortality Tables For Use In Determining
Minimum Reserve Liabilities and Nonforfeiture Benefits
- R590-095 Rule to Permit the Same Minimum Nonforfeiture Standards for Men and
Women Insureds Under the 1980 CSO and 1980 CET Mortality Tables
- R590-096 Rule to Recognize New Annuity Mortality Tables for Use in Determining
Reserve Liabilities for Annuities. Table
- R590-098 Unfair Practice in Payment of Life Insurance and Annuity Policy Values
- R590-099 - Rewritten as R592-14, Delay or Failure to Record Documents and the Insuring of Properties with the
False Appearance of Unmarketability as Unfair Title Insurance Practices
- R590-101 - REPEALED 9-28-09, Rewritten as R590-244 Appointment and Termination of Individuals Licensed as Agents, and Organizations Licensed as Agents by Insurers.
- R590-102 Insurance Department Fee Payment Deadlines
- R590-103 Security Deposits
- R590-104 - REPEALED 2-24-97, Replaced by R590-178 Securities Custody by
Clearing Corporations Filing of Securities by Date of Issue (FOSBI)
- R590-108 Interest Rate During Grace Period or Upon Reinstatement of Policy
- R590-113 - REPEALED 7-1-97, NOT Replaced Reporting Excess Surplus
- R590-114 Letters of Credit
- R590-116 Valuation of Assets
- R590-117 Valuation of Liabilities
- R590-118 - REPEALED 11-16-07, NOT Replaced Licensing Examination Rule
- R590-119 - REPEALED 10-23-03, Merged into R590-157 Surplus Lines Stamping
- R590-120 Surety Bond Forms
- R590-121 Rate Modification Plan Rule
- R590-122 Permissible Arbitration Provisions
- R590-123 - REPEALED 9-28-08, Rewritten as R590-244 Additions and Deletions of Designees by Organizations.
- R590-124 Loss Information Rule
- R590-125 - REPEALED - 9-25-98. NOT replaced - Bail Bond Insurance Exemption
- R590-126 Accident and Health Insurance Standards
- R590-127 Rate Filing Exemptions
- R590-128 Unfair Discrimination Based Solely on the Failure to Maintain Automobile
- R590-129 Unfair Discrimination Based Solely Upon Blindness or Physical or Mental
- R590-130 Rules Governing Advertisements of Insurance
- R590-131 Accident and Health Coordination of Benefits Rule
- R590-132 Insurance Treatment of Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV) Infection
- R590-133 Variable Contracts
- R590-135 - REPEALED 3-18-95, Rewritten as R590-170 Accounting Records Rule
- R590-136 - Renumbered as R592-11 - Title Insurance Agents' Annual Reports
- R590-140 Reference Filings of Rate Service Organization Prospective Loss Costs
- R590-141 - - REPEALED 9/28/09, Rewritten as R590-244 Individual and Agency License Lapse & Reinstatement Rule.
- R590-142 Continuing Education Rule
- R590-143 Life Reinsurance Agreement Rule
- R590-144 Commercial Aviation Insurance Exemption From Rate and Form Filing
- R590-145 REPEALED 9-30-05 Accelerated Benefits Rule
- R590-146 Medicare Supplement Insurance Minimum Standards
- R590-147 Annual Statement Instructions
- R590-148 Long-Term Care Insurance Rule
- R590-149 ADA Complaint Procedure Rule
- R590-150 Commissioner's Acceptance of Examination Reports
- R590-151 Records Access Rule
- R590-152 Health Discount Programs and Value Added Benefit Rule
- R590-153 RENUMBERED 6-30-08 TO R592-6 Unfair Inducements and Marketing Practices in Obtaining Title Insurance
- R590-154 Unfair Marketing Practices Rule
- R590-155 Disclosure of Life and Health Guaranty Association Limitations / Notice
- R590-157 Surplus Lines Insurance Premiums Tax and Stamping Fee
- R590-160 Administrative Proceedings
- R590-161 Disability Income Policy Disclosure
- R590-162 Actuarial Opinion and Memorandum Rule
- R590-163 REPEALED 2-10-05 Filing Quarterly Statements
- R590-164 Uniform Health Billing Rule Standards
- R590-165 REPEALED 12-6-02 Health Benefit Plans
- R590-166 Home Protection Service Contract Rule
- R590-167, Individual, Small Employer and Group Health Benefit Plan Rule
- R590-170 Fiduciary and Trust Account Obligations
- R590-171 Surplus Lines Procedures Rule
- R590-172 REPEALED 10-10-2014 Notice to Uninsurable Applicants for Health Insurance
- R590-173 Credit for Reinsurance
- R590-174 REPEALED 2-10-05 Diskette Filing of Annual and Quarterly Statements
- R590-175 REPEALED 6-21-10 Basic Health Care Plan Rule
- R590-176 Health Benefit Plan Enrollment
- R590-177 Life Insurance Illustration Rule
Attachment: Life Insurance Illustration Cert. Annual Rpt. Checklist
- R590-178 Securities Custody.
- R590-179 REPEALED 11-17-99: Replaced by R590-198 Valuation of Life
Insurance Policies Rule
- R590-181 Yankee Bond Rule
- R590-182 Risk Based Capital Instructions
- R590-183 LAPSED 1-9-03: Title Plant Rule
- R590-186 Bail Bond Surety
- R590-187 Renumbered as R592-10: Assessment of Title Insurance Agencies and Title Insurers for Costs Related to Regulation of Title Insurance
- R590-190 Unfair Property, Liability and Title Claims Settlement Practices.
- R590-191 Unfair Life Insurance Claims Settlement Practices.
- R590-192 Unfair Accident & Health & Income Replacement Claims Settlement
- R590-194 Coverage of Dietary Products Errors of Amino Acid.
- R590-195 REPEALED 4-22-2014: Rental Car Related Licensing Rule
- R590-196 Bail Bond Surety Standards and Disclosure Forms
- R590-197 Treatment of Guaranty Association Assessments as Qualified Assets
- R590-198 Valuation of Life Insurance Policies Rule.
- New R590-199 Plan of Orderly Withdrawal Rule Relating to Health Benefit Plans
- R590-200 Diabetes Treatment and Management
- R590-202 REPEALED 9-30-05: Condition-Specific Exclusion Riders in Individual Health Ins.
- R590-203 Health Care Benefits-Grievance Review and Adverse Benefit Determination
- R590-204 REPEALED 7-27-04, Not Replaced: Adoption Indemnity Benefit
- R590-205 Privacy of Consumer Information Compliance Deadline
- R590-206 Privacy of Consumer Financial and Health Information Rule
- R590-207 Health Agent Commissions for Small Employer Groups
- R590-208 Uniform Application for Certificate of Authority
- R590-209 REPEALED 2-24-97, Not Replaced: Court Ordered Health Insurance
Coverage for Dependents
- R590-210 Privacy of Consumer Information Exemption for Manufacturer Warranties and
- R590-211 REPEALED 7-8-09, Not Replaced: Underinsured Motorist Insurer Notification
- R590-212 Requirement for Interest Bearing Account Used by Title Insurance Agencies
for Trust Fund Deposits
- R590-215 Permissible Arbitration Provisions for Individual & Group Health Ins.
- R590-216 Standards for Safeguarding Customer Information.
- R590-218 Permitted Language for Reservation of Discretion Clauses
- R590-219 Credit Scoring
- R590-220Submission of Accident and Health Insurance Filings
- R590-222 Life Settlements
- R590-223 Rule to Recognize the 2001 CSO Mortality Table for Use in Determining
Minimum Reserves Liabilities and Nonforfeiture Benefits
- R590-225 Submission of Property & Casualty Rate & Form Filings
- R590-226 Submission of Life Insurance Filings
- R590-227 Submission of Annuity Filings
- R590-228 Submission of Credit Life & Credit Accident & Health Insurance Form &
- R590-229 Annuity Disclosure /
- R590-230 Suitability in Annuity Transactions.
- R590-231 Workers' Compensation Market of Last Resort
- R590-232 Authorization for a Health Maintenance Organization to Provide Services as
Third party Administrator of Health Care Benefits
- R590-233 Health Benefit Plan Insurance Standards
- R590-234 REPEALED 7-15-10, Single Risk Limitation.
- R590-235 Medicare Prescription Drug Plan
- R590-236 REPEALED 10-10-2014 HIPAA Eligibility Following Receipt of a Certificate of Insurability or Denial by an Individual Carrier
- R590-237 Access to Health Care Providers in Rural Counties
- R590-238 Captive Insurance Companies
- R590-239 Exemption of Student Health Centers from Insurance Code
- R590-240 Procedure to Obtain Exemption of Student Health Programs From Insurance
- R590-241 Rule to Recognize the Preferred Mortality Tables for Use in Determining
Minimum Reserve Liabilities.
- R590-242 Military Sales Practices.
- R590-243 Commercial Motor Vehicle Insurance Coverage.
- R590-244, Individual and Agency Licensing Requirements.
- R590-245 Self-Service Storage Insurance.
- R590-246 Professional Employer Organization (PEO) License Application Rule.
Applications & Instructions
- R590-247 Universal Health Insurance Application Rule. See:
- R590-248 Mandatory Fraud Reporting Rule.
- New R590-249 Secondary Medical Condition Exclusion.
- R590-250 PEO Assurance Organization Designation.
- R590-251 Preneed Life Insurance Minimum Standards for Determining Reserve
Liability and Nonforfeiture Values Rule.
- R590-252 Use of Senior-Specific Certifications and Professional Designations.
- R590-253 REPEALED 11-9-10 Utah mini-COBRA Notification Rule / Notification Form.
- R590-254 Annual Financial Reporting Rule.
- R590-255 REPEALED 10-10-2014 Utah NetCare Alternative Coverage Notification Rule / Notification Letter
- R590-256 Health Benefit Plan Internet.
- R590-258 Email Address Requirement.
- R590-259 Dependent Coverage to Age 26.
- R590-260 Utah Defined Contribution Risk Adjuster / Plan of Operation.
- R590-261 Health Benefit Plan Adverse Benefit Determinations
- R59-262 Health Data Authority Health Insurance Claims Reporting.
- R590-263 REPEALED 10-10-2014 Commonly Selected Health Benefit Plans.
- R590-264 Property and Casualty Opinion Rule.
- R590-265 Hazardous Financial Condition Rule.
- R590-266 Utah Essential Health Benefit Package / PEHP-Utah Basic Plus Plan
- R590-267 Personal Injury Protection RVS Rule
- R590-268 Small Employer Stop-Loss Insurance.
- R590-269 Individual Open Enrollment Period.
- R590-270 Risk Adjustment Data Submission Requirements.
- R592-1 Title Insurance Licensing.
- R592-2 Title Insurance Administrative Hearings and Penalty Imposition.
- R592-3 REPEALED 4-11-11, Replaced by R592-15 Submission of a Title Schedule of Filing
- R592-4 REPEALED 4-11-11, Replaced by R592-15 Standards for Charges for Title Escrow Settlement Services and Title Fees.
- R592-5 Title Insurance Product or Service Approval for a Dual Licensed Title
- R592-6 Unfair Inducements and Marketing Practices in Obtaining Title Insurance
- R592-7 Title Insurance Continuing Education Program.
- R592-8 Application Process for an Attorney Exemption for Title Agency
- R592-9 Title Insurance Recovery, Education, and Research Fund Assessment
- R592-10 Assessment of Title Insurance Agencies and Title Insurers for Costs Related to Regulation of Title Insurance Rule.Office Report Form.
- R592-11 Title Insurance Agents' Annual Reports Rule;
- R592-13 - REPEALED 5-1-09 - Minimum Charges for Escrow Services.
- R592-14 - Delay or Failure to Record Documents & the Insuring of Properties with the False Appearance of Unmarketability as Unfair Title Insurance Practices.
- R592-15, Submission of a Schedule of Minimum Charges for Escrow Services.
- New R592-16, Prohibited Escrow Settlement Closing Transaction.
Refund Calculation Form
Calculation of Benchmark Ratio for Group Policies
Calculation of Benchmark Ratio for Individual Policies
Reporting Medicare Supplement Policies
Outlines of Coverage
Appendix A Rescission Reporting Form
Appendix B Personal Worksheet
Appendix C Things You Should Know Before You Buy...
Appendix D Suitability Letter
Appendix E Claims Denial Reporting Form
Appendix F Worksheet Potential Rate Increase Disclosure
Appendix G Replacement & Lapse Reporting Form
Appendix H Suitability Reporting Form Long-Term Care Insurance
Table I Notice to Applicant regarding Replacement
Table II Notice to Applicant regarding Replacement
Table III Triggers for Substantial Premium Increases
Table IV Outline of Coverage