2008 Insurance Related Legislation
The following bills passed the 2008 Legislative Session. (Dept Bill) indicates the bill was filed by the Insurance Department. "E" indicates that the bill is enrolled and was passed by the legislature and go into effect May 5, 2008, unless specified otherwise in the bill.
Go to Legislature's Web Site for further information.
- HB 3 - E Appropriations Adjustments
- HB 47 - E Standards for Exchange of Electronic Health Information.
- HB 55 - E Captive Insurance Company Amendments.Summary (Dept Bill)
- HB 60 - E Legislative Review of Health Insurance Mandates.
- HB 74 - E Medicaid 340b Drug Pricing Program.
- HB 93 - E Insurance Fraud Amendments.
- HB 122 - E Driver License Application of Minor Amendments.
- HB 133 - E A Health System Reform.
- HB 144 - E Motor Vehicle Insurance Amendments.
- HB 159 - E Professional Employer Organization Licensing Act.
- HB 210 - E Identity Theft and Other Crimes.
- HB 301 - E Comprehensive Health Insurance Pool Amendments. Summary (Dept Bill)
- HB 342 - E Insurance Code Amendments. Summary (Dept Bill)
- HB 364 - E Promotion of Health Care Coverage.
- HB 380 - E Insurance Department - Workers' Comp Amendments
- HB 384 - E Employee Obligations Related to WC
- HB 410 - E Restricted Accounts Amendments.
- HB 466 - E Title Insurance Recovery, Education, and Research Fund Act.
- HB 467 - E Motor Vehicle Insurance Arbitration Amendments.
- SB 58 - E A Workers' Compensation Related Amend.
- SB 62 - E Health Insurance Medical Complication Exclusion.
- SB 66 - E Uniform Emergency Volunteer Health Practitioners Act.
- SB 81 - E Illegal Immigration.
- SB 88 - E Uniform Model Registered Agent Act.
- SB 108 - E Offset of Workers' Compensation and Social Security.
- SB 143 - E Insurance Financial Requirements. (Dept Bill) Summary
- SB 149 - E Motor Vehicle Liability Policy Minimum Limits.
- SB 152 - E Presumptive Personal Representative.
- SB 159 - E Workers' Compensation Amendments.
- SB 179 - E Salvage Vehicle Amendments.
- SB 181 - E Off-highway Vehicle Use on Public Highways.
- SB 189 - E Independent Contractor Database.