Health Discount Program licenses expire annually on December 31 and may be renewed in accordance with 31A-8a-202(2). Renewal invoices will be emailed at the beginning of December. Payments must be made electronically by December 31 to avoid a late fee.
Providing false, misleading or incomplete information in connection with the application is grounds for administrative action that may include denial or revocation of the license.
For questions or concerns, please email email@example.com.
- The renewal application is due annually by December 31.
- Upload the appropriate, completed renewal application to the Department Website. All submissions must be complete:
- DO NOT submit confidential or personal information to the Department by email. Please use our secure website at forms.uid.utah.gov/insurance/fileUploads. Select “Health Discount Program” from the drop-down menu. Please include all information in a single PDF document.
- File uploads must identify the license type and organization name in the file name. The license type will be either HDP-O or HDP-M, to coincide with the appropriate application for your organization.
- Renewal fees must be paid electronically.
- Fees are due annually by December 31.
- For a detailed explanation of each fee on your invoice, please see Utah Rule R590-102.
Electronic Payment Process
- You are expected to complete your renewal electronically through the department’s secure payment portal. Before you begin the electronic renewal, you should have a copy of the current year’s invoice. From the invoice you will need the invoice number located in the upper right corner and the Payor ID number located on the upper right side of invoice.
- After you have entered these two numbers, click on the submit button. At this time an address change form will appear. You will be asked to verify and make any changes to the addresses that the Utah Insurance Department has on file. Once you have made the changes, click on the submit button. This will automatically update any changes to the addresses in our database.
- At this point continue to follow the prompts to complete the renewal process.
- You must pay your renewal fees electronically through the department’s secure payment portal using either a credit card or an electronic check. You will need to have the necessary numbers and authorization before beginning the renewal process. If using:
- a credit card — You will need the credit card number, name as printed on the credit card, statement billing address and expiration date; or
- an electronic check — You will need your bank’s name, and the checking account routing number and account number found at the bottom of the company check. Your bank may need the originating ID number 0000097488 before you initiate an e-check transaction.