Currently recognized foreign or alien surplus lines insurers must follow the instructions below to remain on the Utah Insurance Department ‘recognized’ list.
- Renewal fees must be paid – electronically – no later than the date shown on the invoice.
- For a detailed explanation of each fee on your invoice, please see Utah Rule R590-102.
- Annual statement filings must comply with 31A-15-103(6)(e), and Rule R590-147.
- Risk-based capital must meet capital standards or capital and surplus of at least $15,000,000, whichever is greater.
- The irrevocable trust fund or statutory deposit must not be less than:
- $50,000,000 for Lloyds or similar alien insurer groups.
- Alien insurer not domiciled in the US must be listed on the NAIC’s Quarterly Listing of Alien Insurers.
- If the annual statement filing and proof of irrevocable trust fund or statutory deposit have been filed with the NAIC, DO NOT file them with the Utah Insurance Department.
- You are expected to complete your renewal electronically through the department’s secure payment portal. Before you begin the electronic renewal by clicking the button below, you should have a copy of the current year’s invoice. From the invoice, you will need the invoice number that is located in the upper right corner and the Utah ID number that is located on the upper right side of the cover letter.
- After you have entered the invoice and payor ID numbers, click on the submit button. At this time an address change form will appear. You will be asked to verify and make any changes to the addresses that the Utah Insurance Department has on file for the company. Once you have made the changes, click on the submit button. This will automatically update any changes to the addresses in our database.
- At this point continue to follow the prompts to complete the renewal process.
- You must pay your renewal fees electronically through the department’s secure payment portal using either a credit card or an electronic check. You will need to have the necessary numbers and authorization before beginning the renewal process. If using:
- a credit card you will need the credit card number, name, statement billing address and expiration date; or
- an electronic check you will need your checking account routing number and account number found at the bottom of the company check. Your bank may need the originating ID number 0000097488 to complete an e-check transaction.
NOTE: ALIEN INSURERS ONLY — Please email the date that your annual statement is required to be filed by your domiciliary authority to Dava Ann Neal at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Renewal invoices will be emailed at the beginning of February. Payments must be made by March 1 to avoid a late fee.