The Utah Insurance Department requires that all individuals applying for an individual bail bond insurance license be fingerprinted. Fingerprinting must be done at a Prometric test center, using “live scan” technology, which digitally captures and transmits the fingerprints to the Utah Department of Public Safety, Bureau of Criminal Identification (BCI) and Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), for a criminal history background check.
Click here for a list of Prometric’s testing centers in Utah.
For license types that do not require an examination, such as a Bail Bond license, the process is as follows:
- Schedule a fingerprinting appointment online at www.prometric.com/utah/insurance or by calling 888-226-8740. Prometric does not offer walk-in hours.
- Pay the $6 Prometric processing fee made payable by VISA, MasterCard, Company check, money order, or by cashier’s check ONLY.
- Apply for the license online from your home or office at www.sircon.com/utah before arriving at the test center for fingerprinting. Payment for both the license application fee and the FBI/BCI fingerprint fee of $28.25 ($13.25 FBI/$15 BCI) must be made by credit card during the online license application process.
- Upon completing the online application, print out the Sircon confirmation page as proof you have paid the FBI/BCI fees. Give the confirmation page to the test center proctor and your fingerprints will then be scanned.
- Fingerprint results will be returned to the Department. The Department will evaluate the results and the license application prior to issuing any license.
Note: In the event that severe weather or another emergency forces the closure of a Prometric site on a scheduled date, fingerprinting will not be available. You may check the status of the site’s schedule by calling 888-226-8740.