Skip to content
Utah Insurance

Exam & Licensing Procedures: Licensing

Resident Licensing

Candidates may not submit a license application for pre-screening purposes prior to taking the examination. All license applications are to be submitted after successfully passing any required examinations. An examination is not required for a limited-line license application.

Note: Passing an exam and submitting an application does not guarantee that you will be issued a license. Issuance of a license depends on review and approval of all license application materials, including application questions regarding any prior civil or criminal proceedings. Read the application carefully. Failure to disclose civil proceedings and all criminal convictions, whether a misdemeanor or felony, and any pending charges, may result in denial of your application or revocation of your license after issuance. If your license application is denied, you will be notified in writing of the reason for such denial.

After passing the exam, complete and submit your license application electronically, and pay all required nonrefundable fees with a credit card. You can apply electronically from your home or office at Sircon or NIPR. Your application and fees will be electronically forwarded to the Department. After review and approval, you will be able to print your license from Sircon. This license printing service is free at Sircon for up to 30 days after license approval and renewal for license applications and license renewals completed through Sircon. If you have applied for or renewed your license through another vendor other than Sircon, you may still use the license printing service (fees may apply). You will need the license number and last 4 digits of your social security number.

The Department no longer accepts paper applications. Paper applications submitted to the Department may be returned to the applicant, without being processed.

Company appointments do not need to accompany the individual license application and license fee, but the applicant cannot act as a producer until the appointment process is complete.

Non-Resident Licensing

Individuals and organizations must submit an application for a nonresident license. Applications are completed on Sircon or NIPR.

The Utah Insurance Department no longer accepts paper applications. Paper applications will be rejected and returned.