Skip to content
Utah Insurance

Letter of Clearance

A Letter of Clearance is requested when a resident producer is leaving the state and wishes to be licensed in another state.

At this time, clearance letter requests are not available through SIRCON or NIPR. To obtain a Letter of Clearance, please submit the Clearance Letter Request Form by faxing to 385-465-6055 or emailing as a PDF attachment to Upon issuing a Letter of Clearance, the Utah resident License will be inactivated.

The Clearance Letter Request Form also offers the option to convert your resident license to a non-resident license. This is done as a courtesy by the Department, free of charge. The date of expiration for the non-resident license will remain the same date your resident license would have expired. The resident license in your new resident state must be obtained within 60 days of issuance of the Utah non-resident license, or the Utah non-resident license will be terminated for failure to maintain home state license. You will be subject to reinstatement fees should you choose to reactivate the license within 1 year.