With few exceptions, Utah employers are required to maintain worker’s compensation insurance coverage. Coverage is available from a large number of insurance companies.
The Utah Insurance Department's role in workers compensation has to do with administrative and regulatory responsibilities regarding these insurance company's. Our role includes timely payment of claims. As far as prompt payment of claims however, we are unable to assist in situations where there are disputes over what is owed, or if the procedure or service is related to the work injury. We are unable to assist with wage claim issues, unless the payment is late, with no extenuating reasons. In most instances problems, concerns, or questions related to a workers’ compensation injury will need to be discussed with the Utah Labor Commission.
- Utah Labor Commission Employer's Guide To Workers Compensation
- Utah Labor Commission Employee's Guide to Workers Compensation
- Utah Labor Commission
- Market Share Reports
- Workers Compensation Coverage Waivers - Rule R612-12 (Labor Commission)
- Workers Compensation related Code, Rules, and Bulletins
- Rules and Bulletins related to Property and Casualty Insurance
- Insurance Commissioners of other states
- National Council of Compensation Insurance (NCCI)
- United States Department of Labor
- Worker's Compensation Loss Cost Multipliers (Purchase)
- Personnel Directory Property and Casualty Division
Disclaimer - Links to Other Web Sites -
As a convenience to our users, the Utah State Insurance Department offers links to certain web sites created and maintained by other public and/or private entities. The department has no control over linked sites and cannot guarantee, or be held responsible for materials found on any non-departmental site. A link to another web site is NOT a Department endorsement of that site.