On December 30, 2022, the North Carolina court issued an order to place life insurers Bankers Life Insurance Company and Colorado Bankers Life Insurance Company (Global Bankers) into liquidation. The order becomes effective as of the first month-end occurring on or subsequent to 90 days after the later of:
- the entry of the order;
- the decision of the North Carolina Court of Appeals affirming the order and further review of the decision is not sought;
- an order by the North Carolina Supreme Court denying review of the case; or
- a decision of the North Carolina Supreme Court affirming the order.
Information about the companies’ liquidation can be found on the North Carolina Department of Insurance and the companies’ websites:
- North Carolina Department of Insurance — https://www.ncdoi.gov/
- Bankers Life Insurance Co. — https://bankerslifeinsurance.com/
- Colorado Bankers Life Insurance Co. — https://cblife.com/
Once a final court order is issued granting liquidation, the life and health insurance guaranty associations in the states where Bankers Life and Colorado Bankers Life were licensed to do business will be tasked with continuing coverage and paying eligible claims, subject to guaranty association coverage limits and the terms and conditions of coverage.
Contact Information: Policyholders with questions about policies, claims, or related to liquidation should call the numbers below for more information or assistance:
- Bankers Life Insurance Co. — 833-658-2840
- Colorado Bankers Life Insurance Co. — 833-658-2841