Authority to License
Utah law provides for three different types of licenses:
- Professional Employer Organization Not Licensed Through An Assurance Organization: The PEO or at least one of the PEO’s clients has an office in Utah and an approved Independent National Organization does not certify the PEO.
- Professional Employer Organization – Licensed through An Assurance Organization: The PEO or at least one of the PEO’s clients has an office in Utah.
- Professional Employer Organization – Small Operation License: Neither the PEO or any of the PEO’s clients has an office in Utah, the PEO is not owned or controlled by a professional employer organization operating in Utah and the PEO does not have more than fifty employees employed or domiciled in Utah.
Professional Employer Organizations Licensed in Utah
Professional Employer Organization – Not Licensed Through An Assurance Organization:
Professional Employer Organization – Licensed Through An Assurance Organization:
Professional Employer Organization – Small Operation License:
Professional Employer Organization Group
- Use the applicable application form listed above
- You are expected to pay for your renewal electronically through the department’s secure payment portal. Before you begin the payment process by clicking the button below, you should have a copy of the current year’s invoice. From the invoice, you will need the invoice number that is located in the upper right corner and the Utah ID number that is located on the upper right side of the cover letter.
- After you have entered the invoice and payor ID numbers, click on the submit button. At this time an address change form will appear. You will be asked to verify and make any changes to the addresses that the Utah Insurance Department has on file for the company. Once you have made the changes, click on the submit button. This will automatically update any changes to the addresses in our database.
- At this point continue to follow the prompts to complete the payment process.
- You must pay your renewal fees electronically through the department’s secure payment portal using either a credit card or an electronic check. You will need to have the necessary numbers and authorization before beginning the payment process. If using:
- a credit card you will need the credit card number, name, statement billing address and expiration date; or
- an electronic check you will need your checking account routing number and account number found at the bottom of the company check. Your bank may need the originating ID number 0000097488 to complete an e-check transaction.
Send Applications to:
Utah Insurance Department
4315 S. 2700 W., Suite 2300
Taylorsville, UT 84129
Questions should be directed to: