Skip to content
Utah Insurance

Exam & Licensing Procedures: Non-Resident Adjuster Licensing

Independent Adjusters are required to be licensed in Utah. The guidelines are as follows:

If the resident state DOES license for the adjuster license, we generally have reciprocity with that state and will issue a license based upon your compliance with your resident state. Applications must be completed electronically via SIRCON or NIPR. With few exceptions, paper applications will be rejected and returned to the applicant, un-processed.

If your resident state DOES NOT license adjusters, we will issue a license if you either pass our exam or already hold a non-resident adjuster license in another state. In such case, the option to apply electronically is not available. You must submit the NAIC Uniform Application.

The application must be submitted via email or fax. We do not accept mailed applications or checks. You can email the application to Karon at or fax to 385-465-6055. A credit card number must be provided.

Staff Adjuster

The State of Utah does not license staff adjusters, per UCA Section 31A-26-201.